No. Of Jobs:
Years of Experience:
BMC Freelance salary scale
BMC (Bayan-e Shamal Media Centre)
At least 2 years in relevant field
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism Faculties
1st June 2019
30th June 2019
The Bayan-e Shamal Media Centre (BMC) as professional and modern media centre has been working in the North of Afghanistan since 2003 with multimedia capabilities like Radio, Analysis and Assessment, Video, Print and Social Media as a tool for Afghan National Defense Security Forces (ANDSF) for their Information Operations as well as Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) for the purpose of increasing public awareness regarding changes, development process and stability in the Northern region. The BMC is covering and providing multimedia products to support and publicize the efforts of ANDSF, GIRoA and local administrations for creating a peaceful and secure environment.
Main Duties and Task:
• Report and write news stories for publication or broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
• Arrange interviews with people, official who can provide information about a particular story.
• Review copy and correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Review and evaluate notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
• Determine a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organize material accordingly.
• Research and analyse background information related to stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience,news, sports, artistic, social, and other functions.
• Conduct different surveys in the province based on BMC survey principles.
• Investigate breaking news developments such as disasters, crimes, and human-interest stories.
• Research and report on specialized fields such as science and technology, sports, arts, business, crime, or education.
• Receive assignments or evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas.
• Discuss issues with editors in order to establish priorities and positions.
• Check reference materials such as books, news files, and public records in order to obtain relevant facts.
• Revise work in order to meet editorial approval or to fit time or space requirements.
• Photograph or videotape news events, or request that a photographer be assigned to provide such coverage.
• Develop ideas and material for columns or commentaries by analysing and interpreting news, current issues, and personal experiences.
• Conduct taped or filmed interviews or narratives.
• Edit or assist in editing videos for broadcast.
• Write columns, editorials, commentaries, or reviews that interpret events or offer opinions.
• Write, edit, and revise body copy for articles
• Establish priorities of events and determine order in which they will be broadcast.
• Fact-check sources and information
• Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules.
Qualifications Skills and Characteristics::
• Languages-High Knowledge of Afghan National Languages (Dari and Pashto)
• Speaking, writing and reading knowledge of English language is preferable.
• Computer skills- Knowledge of computer skills MS office packages, internet, email, cool edit and Wave Lab.
• Technical skills- Knowledge of required working equipment like sound recorder, mic, photo camera and video camera.
• Character-being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Performances- being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Politeness- being honest and ethical.
• Stress Tolerance - accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
• Achievement/Effort - establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
• Persistence - persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Initiative - a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Technical abilities- Be able to think in "cross medial terms" and has to be creative / flexible in finding material for good stories by his own.
• Analytical Thinking - analysing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
• Adaptability/Flexibility - being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Concern for Others - being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.